Saturday, February 19, 2005

One of those question lists

I've seen question lists on other blogs before, but I guess I've never put one on mine. Well, since a friend sent me one yesterday, and this is a nice easy way to respond.

1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:00 AM
2. Diamonds or pearls? Probably pearls because diamonds seem relatively worthless to me. Usually neither.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Not sure yet… it’s really been a long time… I think it was last May…Van Helsing? I saw it with some friends who wanted to see it. I sort-of wish that wasn’t really the last movie I’ve seen…
4. What is your favorite TV show? This changes every so often. Right now I’ll have to say “Good Eats” on the Food Network
5. What did you have for breakfast? Nothing yet. Yesterday I had a bagel w/ butter. Probably again today. How boring.
6. What is your middle name? Michelle
7. Favorite cuisine? Japanese and Indian (I just left the original answer here! But I’ll also add Thai.)
8. What foods do you dislike? Mushrooms and peppers (unless the peppers are in salsa)
9. What is your favorite flavor? Maple (only real maple)
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Hmmm… Well, I don’t really have many CDs. Most of what I have are mixes burned onto CD. Favorite CD I bought in store: Chopin
11. What kind of car do you drive? Mazda 6
12. Favorite sandwich? PB & J (toasted)
13. What characteristic do you despise? Dishonesty/lack of integrity
14. Favorite item of clothing? Camisole
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation,where would you
go?
Spain (with Bill this time)
16. What color is your bathroom? Black & white & blue
17. Favorite brand of clothing? Whatever fits and is cheap…
18. Where would you retire to? A comfortable home in the woods (I’m just going to shamelessly copy this answer too)
19. Favorite time of the day? Weekday: Right before bedtime Weekend: Early morning
20. What was your most memorable birthday? My 30th (mainly because it just happened…)
21. Where were you born? Schenectady, NY
22. Favorite sport to watch? Ice hockey and ice-skating (even though I’m not really a fan of either)
23. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? Hm. I wasn’t really planning on sending it out.
24. Person you expect to send it back first? N/A
25. What fabric detergent do you use? Whatever is cheapest.
26. When is your birthday? 02/01/75
27. Are you a morning person or a night person? Morning, apparently.
28. What is your shoe size? 8
29. Do you have any pets? 2 cats
30. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with your family & friends? Not really. But that’s OK with me.
31. What did you want to be when you were little? Doctor/minister/archeologist/anthropologist
32. What are you doing today? Computer programming. I am very well suited for this in some ways (very good at logic and coming up with creative solutions to abstract problems, figuring out a new language just by looking at it), and very poorly suited in other ways (hate being super methodological with finding/preventing bugs, don’t like dealing with computer setup/networking/anything that I see as knowledge-based vs. logic-based). Eventually, I’d like to move into something that’s a better fit. (My “baby step” is my current Bioethics course and I’d like to pursue a degree in that. But a Bioethics degree alone will not make me ready for a new career. I’d have to take it in conjunction with something else, like law/poli. sci./economics/public policy. I’m looking into some programs at Temple, but I'm not ready to start taking courses yet. All in good time.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home