Tuesday, October 26, 2004

It's been a while...

I feel like I haven't had a chance to goof on the computer for ages. Problem is, I used to have so much more time in the morning before Callista had started school. But I don't want this blog to become a big nothing! So I thought that maybe I would try to transform it a bit into a humor blog (but not be too strict about that, especially if I happen to find more time). Every day I hear something that makes me laugh or Bill says something hilarious. So I'm going to make an effort to jot down a little note to remind me of what it was and then write it on here. If it's relatively inane, well, who cares?

Last night we were making fun of John Denver's song "you fill up my senses" (which I love, BTW). I think it's an easy target, really, but it was fun. So I took some of the ideas (and I don't remember some of the funnier ones... sigh) and wrote a parody:

You fill up my senses like a hot crowded airport,
like a liver-filled blowpop,
like a box full of bees, like a moldy brown grapefruit,
like a broken down buick.
You fill up my senses, but it's really too much.

Please go away now, let me have a break from you,
let me escape from your laughter, let me die in peace!
like a moldy brown grapefruit, like a broken down buick
I really don't need you, hanging around!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home