Saturday, September 25, 2004

Switching Gears

Since it's been a while since I've had a chance to blog, and I don't know when I'll get another chance, I would like to switch gears a moment and talk about something else that's come up recently.

Yesterday, my little brother announced that he has acheived A+ certification.

This was no small feat for him, since he is border-line mentally retarded. I am overwhelmingly impressed, and very proud. I have come a long journey of learning to accept my brother and recognize his value in spite of his disability. And I realize now more than ever that he has many bright paths ahead of him, whether or not I had ever accepted him. I know our parents are thrilled. They're going to throw him a party.

He's like the tortise in the fable. He's exceeded expectations!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home