Saturday, October 28, 2006

Halloween Mad Libs

This is just a random posting of some Mad Libs I wrote for Callista's halloween party. It's not intended as anything of interest, just as a way to share them with anyone who might be looking for something good geared to 2nd graders. I believe I have a good lock on second grade mentality, but that's open to discussion I suppose.

Of course, by the time google catches it for searching, it might be after Halloween. But there's always next year.

__________________________________________________________________________________

One day, I was going to the (place), and on the way, I had to pass a (adj.) graveyard. Normally, this wasn't so bad, but today was (holiday), so it seemed creepier than usual. Just as soon as I got there, the sky got dark and it began to (type of weather/precipitation). Suddenly, I heard a loud (sound) and it sounded like it was coming from inside the graveyard! I was scared, but also (feeling).
I looked closer, and I realized that one of the (plural noun) was empty! It scared me so much that I (verb ending in -ed) all the way back to my nice cozy house, where I snuggled up with my pet (animal).

__________________________________________________________________________________

It was Halloween night, and a little witch named (person at the party) decided to have a Halloween party. She decided to invite all the (adj.) creatures who lived nearby: a mummy, a vampire, and a (magical creature). She made (liquid) punch and cookies made with (noun). They all played games and (verb ending in -ed), until (time of day)! But then, sadly, it was time to leave. They went home to bed where they (verb ending in -ed) peacefully until morning.

__________________________________________________________________________________

What a weird day! First, my mom tried to give me (color) eggs and (color) toast for breakfast! Then, my I saw my dad wearing his (article of clothing) upside- down! I thought that was the end of it, but then my bus driver (verb ending in -ed) like a (noun) when she saw me. At school, my teacher told me to (verb) when all I really wanted to do was sharpen my (noun). The strangest thing was that all the kids had an extra (body part, plural), and kept asking me why I had one missing! Just when I thought the day couldn't get any weirder, I woke up and realized it was all just a dream, and really I was safe at home in my warm cozy (item in house).

__________________________________________________________________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home