Monday, September 06, 2004

Weekend Thoughts

Saturday we went up to visit my grandmother in Staten Island. I had a good time, though Callista (and Bill for that matter) were getting rather bored. I think part of the reason I enjoyed myself more is a) she's part of my family, so I have history to talk about (unlike Bill) b) I like talking generally and c) I get along better with old people than most.
On tolerance.org, thay have an interesting little game. On the ageism one, I actually rated as having a bias in favor of older people (in terms of their competence and benevolence). It was weird because I think the typical reaction is to have a bias in favor of young people. Well, it's hardly super-scientific, IMHO. It's just interesting.

Sunday I led a song at my fellowship called "Step by Step". I love this song! I like singing it as a duet better, but I need to find someone who will sing it with me.

Step by step the longest march
Can be won, can be won
Many stones to form an arch
Singly none, singly none
And by union what we will
Can be accomplished still
Drops of water turn a mill
Singly none, singly none

Well, I've had a good weekend so far. Kindergarten is coming up tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home