Wednesday, May 17, 2006

It's been so long...

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. I'm just so... busy!

I do have one quick comment, though, which is about the "DaVinci code".

Not that I believe the DaVinci code to be anything more than a work of fiction which includes a few solid facts, a few more tenuous facts, and some outright falsehoods sprinkled in.

Just that the Bible is quite similarly fictional.

And various church leaders are so flummoxed, saying "why are so many people are so quick to wholeheartedly believe in something that's just fiction?" and "there should be warning labels saying that this stuff isn't real" (no joke!)

Um... irony, no?

It's not that you CAN'T be both religious and critical-thinking. Just that most religious people are simply NOT critical thinkers about their religion. And yes, I think this is bad!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home